June 27, 2007

Random Thoughts And Musings...

Let's go train of thought:

  • I know that it's probably hard to be a news writer. I mean, I have enough trouble as it is updating this blog on a semi-regular basis...but I think I need to stay away from Yahoo on slow news days. On the front page right now is a story with the title "U.K.'s Bad Girls of Pop: Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse have big hair, big earrings, and even bigger attitudes." THAT'S the basis of your entire story? There are literally THOUSANDS of pop stars that are bitches, but because 2 of them come from the U.K. and have big hair, that means that they're similar enough to write an entire piece on? If the news is that slow, I could have thrown them a bone: "House of Stone and Mystery: Whatever happened to Martin Page?"
  • At the risk of jinxing them (knock on wood), the Cubs have won 5 in a row. At the same time, since being no-hit by Justin Verlander, the Brewers are 11-2, so we haven't gained any ground. That's ok...there's a lot of season left...
  • So I know I've been promising my thoughts on the Sopranos finale, but every time I sit down to do it, it just seems like it's going to take so long to get everything organized in the way I want to say it that I wind up talking about something else. Maybe I'll do it sometime tomorrow...plus, I still can't get a decent YouTube clip of the final scene.
  • Speaking of YouTube, this is mandatory watching: Misheard Pearl Jam lyrics.
  • Just saying...

  • This is just unfortunate...

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru