May 3, 2007

Humanity Hits A New Low



I'm not one to be surprised by mankind much anymore. The amount of greed and selfishness I see on an everyday basis is now commonplace. I just tend to ignore it. It would truly take a miraculous act of total self-absorption to get my attention these days.

Consider the seas parted. The part of Moses shall be played by My Super Sweet Sixteen.

For those of you who aren't familiar with My Suer Sweet Sixteen, MTV has cameras follow around super-rich spoiled girls as they plan their 16th birthdays. Usually they make outrageous demands and wind up bitching about everything. Usually their dads are record producers and semi-famous people in the entertainment business. It's a fairly entertaining show, but it ceased to shock me years ago.

That was before Wednesday night.

The episode that was on was with Easy E's daughter. I don't know how much money Easy E made in his life or how much his family still gets from royalties, but it would be fair to say that his daughter has more money than I've ever seen in my life.

Now I've seen disrespectful children before, but this girl took things o a whole new level. She decided that she wanted to throw her party at a $15 million mansion that was going to cost $25K to rent out just for the night. She also paid a professional photographer to take pictures of her so she could have giant posters of herself hanging up all over the party.

It would be useless for me to try to describe how putrid of a person this girl was, so I'll just tell you all about one part in the show. This girl wanted to look "fly" for her birthday, so she hired a celebrity fashion expert to help her pick out 2 outfits for the evening. After all, it would be absurd to think that one would wear the outfit they showed up in for the entire evening. No, you definitely need something to change into after the first 40 minutes or so.

Anywho, this fashion expert brings over a bunch of dresses that all cost more than a month's rent, and nothing was good enough for this girl. She tried a few things on, but hated everything, saying things like "I would never wear this tablecloth out to my own party!" and "Easy E's daughter wouldn't be caught dead wearing this trash!" She sent the stylist away and told him to come back the next day. When he came back with more stuff, she finally found something she considered to be good enough to wear (and it was the ugliest thing in the world). Then the hair stylist came, and she was berating him and telling him that he sucked as he was doing her hair! So naturally he and the other stylist left. She then proceeded to throw a fit and told her mom that she wasn't going to go to her own party because her hair wasn't done!

I could go on and on, but there's no point. I just know now that no matter what I think, no matter how bad I think people can be, there's always someone out there that's greedier than I ever thought possible.

And I'm proud ant truly blessed to live in a country where these people are available to me on television.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru