May 1, 2007

The Phenominon That Is...The Playoff Beard

WHERE THE HELL IS THAT MUSIC COMING FROM??!?!?



The music you currently (hopefully?) hear right now is coming from my new music player. If you want to turn off the music, scroll to the bottom of the page and turn it off. I thought it would be a nice change to have some music on the ol' blog. I just threw a bunch of songs together for now. I'm sure I'll put more thought into it later. I do recommend the new White Stripes song. Aside from the parts with the electric piano, the song really does kick ass.

But this does not prevent the new White Stripes album Icky Thump from having the UGLIEST album cover ever!



This weekend was HUGE for sports. The Cubs took 2 from the Cardinals, the Red Sox took 2 of 3 from the Yankees, and the Bulls SWEPT the defending World Champs in the first round of the Eastern Conference Finals.

I hope you all have been watching the Golden State/Dallas series, even if you aren't a basketball fan. The crowd in Oakland was absolutely batshit crazy, and you could tell that the Warriors were feeding off of it. The crowd is the #1 reason the Warriors are up 3-1 going into tomorrow night's game in Dallas. Claire is a fan of Golden State so I'm rooting for them, but even more than that, I want them to win so I can see Baron Davis grow his playoff beard for another round of basketball!

Nothing (NOTHING) proves that you are a man more than a playoff beard. The NY Islanders started the tradition some time in the 80's. Basically, the players on a team don't shave from the day the playoffs start until they are either eliminated or win the Stanley Cup. Seeing how the playoffs for different sports can last for the better part of a month, you can get some pretty nappy beards.

Wait...am I allowed to say "nappy"?

Anywho, Baron Davis' playoff facial growth has inspired me to create the Baron Davis All-Time Beard Club!


"The Baron" himself


Big Papi


Some dude


"Grizzly Adams DID have a beard!"


David Eckstein (Ha!)


Chuck...EVERY day is a playoff when you're the Chuck.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru