April 28, 2007



Usually I don't update on the weekends, but this is a special occasion. And those of you who know me know that I will NEVER miss a chance to hate on Nickelback. But this time...I wasn't alone.

Claire and I were eating last night, when "That Guy" came in and sat behind us with his friend. You know who "That Guy" is. I know that there are a lot of "That Guy's" out there, but this was "THAT Guy". Pantera t-shirt...hair past his shoulders with the bald spot in the back...dirty jeans tucked into leather motorcycle boots.

I didn't think much of the guy as he sat behind us with his friend because, let's face it, it's not exactly like this guy stands out here in Santa Monica. You're talking to the guy that had a homeless man use his garage as a bed for 2 nights and left behind his blanket and a pair of oversized glasses for us to remember him by.

What made this guy stand out was that as soon as he sat down, he started hatin' on Nickelback. Just the average talk really...how they suck...how they are ugly...the usual.

The part that makes this encounter noteworthy was the last thing we heard this guy say. I wanted to share it because I REALLY think that it sums up how most of America feels about Nickelback.

"I don't think there are any really hardcore Nickelback fans out there, are there? Well statistically I guess there has to be. They're probably all overweight people though."

Classic.


This is what the dude looked like. Ronnie James himself. HOOOLY DIIIIVER!!!

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru