April 5, 2007

News And Notes

Today is a good day. Rich gets paid today. The Cubs won. The Red Sox won. The A's won. It's almost the weekend. It's finally getting light in the mornings when I leave for the first time since Daylight Savings.

I've come across a lot of cool stuff to share over the last few days, but nothing awesome enough to deserve its own post, so I'm going to combine them all here. Enjoy.

  • Like I said already, the Cubs won yesterday. I think it's worth mentioning that the Cubs won using the exact blueprint they came into the season looking to follow; Lilly pitched 7 strong innings (9 K's! Nice!), Howry to Dempster locked it down, and SIX (6!) CUBS WALKS! If you didn't see the Cubs play last year (or the year before that, or the year before that, etc.), you should know that 6 walks is an AMAZING feat. These guys used to walk less than Stephen Hawking.
  • Daisuke Matsuzaka-Mania begins today. My prediction: 6 IP, 4 H, 3 BB, 2 ER, 7K
  • We now have an answer to the age-old Oriental question: Whoo Flung Poo? It was the Principal! She blamed stress. I say she's half baboon.
  • This is a little older, but the Choco-Jesus exhibit was canceled. The best part of this story is that she actually called it "My Sweet Lord". I'm not making this up.
  • Props to my co-worker Erin for suggesting this video. It's Kermit the Frog covering Johnny Cash's version of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt". It doesn't sound that funny, and it isn't...but it kind of is, and then some. Just watch and see for yourself.
  • Anyone who's ever been a fan of wrestling (and even if you just like watching stupid people) should watch this compilation of the best botched wrestling moves. Truly breathtaking. The best one is about 1:30 in when the dude climbs the ropes and pumps up the crowd before diving off and delivering some kind of face-kick...but slips and falls off the ropes before he can.
I could have made those all into separate entries and made them cover a whole week, but I decided to give them to you all at once. It's an Easter miracle.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru