April 27, 2007

Weekend News and Notes



Red Sox/Yankees round 2 this weekend. Cubs/Cards round 2 as well.

Nothing cool enough to blog about happened yesterday, so I've got a bunch of little stories to hopefully tide you over for the weekend.

  • There's a dude in Nebraska who is being charged for spending money that was his but wasn't really his (what?). According to the story, the bank put over $100,000 in his bank account over the course of a few months, and now the guy is in deep crap because he spent it. Look, I know it wasn't his money, but if the bank is going to make that mistake and not catch it for MONTHS...come on...they have insurance to cover that kind of thing, right?
  • A grandma in New Zealand bought her granddaughter a Happy Meal. She opens up the bag to see what the toy her granddaughter got, and BAM!!! It's...a condom. True story. Ronald's got some 'splaining to do.
  • "My boyfriend is in jail for 30 years for manslaughter, but I really want to have sex with him. What ever do I do? I know! I'll make a fake government ID and pretend I'm a lawyer coming to see him. No one will ever see us. It's the perfect plan..." Wasn't this the plot for Backdoor Jail Sluts 9?
  • It seems like every few weeks I come across a story like this, where a guy robbing a store isn't paying attention and the guy behind the counter steals his gun or someone breaks into a store and gets stuck there till morning. Criminals are stupid, and this guy is no exception. It's one thing to rob a convenience store. It's another thing to rob one that's a few blocks from your house. It's another thing entirely to drop the receipt for your AK-47 as you leave with your name on it! At least he can prove that he didn't steal the gun too, right? Oh, and all he was stealing from the store was $75 and 2 cartons of smokes.
  • Oh my god...shoes.
That's all. Have a nice weekend. And check your Happy Meal bags.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru